IPhonew driver?
This is probably off topic. If it is I am sorry please redirect me.I just purchase an iPhone and the PC I have is running Windows 2008 server (becuase of work). If I plug it the USB connection the new "driver" is recognized but the software fails to install. I have run into this problem with other "plug-and-play" USB devices and the Windows 2008 server. Is there some permission that I am missing or some trick I am missing? I have tried to plug the USB into a computer running Vista and have no problems. That is why I think it is a permission and/or 64-bit thing. Comments?Thank you
August 5th, 2009 7:06pm

Hi, According to the description,it seems thatthereare some compatibility problem with Windows Server 2008 and iphone.As we mainly focus on theGeneral question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for iphone, it is recommend you to contact Applefor further support. Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2009 6:32am

The problem is that Apple Support says to contact Microsoft. It seems like a bit of Catch-22.
August 6th, 2009 5:31pm

Hi, I understand that it will be inconvenient that you cant use iphone on Windows Server 2008 computer. However, I cant find Windows Server 2008 on the support list of iTunes, so it means that you may cant use iTunes on Windows Server 2008 properly. As iTunes is a Apple application, I recommend that you contact Apple for more details. Download iTunes http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Windows Software Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, or 32-bit editions of Windows Vista 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or later require the iTunes 8 64-bit installer Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 7th, 2009 7:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics