IP Range Port Forwarding
Hello! I'm currently trying to solve this problem: I want to achieve that a service is running under port x. I also want that only a specific range of external IP's that connect to the service on port x are forwarded to the service on port y. Basically you could call it a IP ranged port forwarding. Under Linux you could do this with IP Tables I think, but who do you do this with windows? Regards, Xaser
September 25th, 2011 12:09am

You can configure port and address forwarding using the netsh command: netsh interface portproxy /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 25th, 2011 7:21am

Okay thanks, unfortunately I'm not very familiar with these command line tools. If I wanted to forward the external IP Address aa.bb.cc.dd which tries to connect port x to port y how would I do that exactly? Regards, Xaser
September 25th, 2011 2:34pm

You can not build specific forwarding for specific clients like in iptables as this only build a static ip and port forwarding so if you want to redirect all connection on address aa.bb.cc.dd and port x to the same address and port y, the command should be: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 x aa.bb.cc.dd y aa.bb.cc.dd /Hasain
September 25th, 2011 3:06pm

But that would forward all connections incoming on port x to port y, right? But I want to distinguish between the IP addresses of the incoming connections not the IP of my own server. If for example an external client sends a request to port 433 on my server, I want it to be processed by the service running on port 433, with the only exception that if the external client that tries to connect has the IP aa.bb.cc.dd, and if that is the case it should be redirected or forwarded to port 434. This should be somehow possible shouldn't it? Regards, Xaser
September 25th, 2011 4:07pm

I am afraid it is not possible with the built in tools in the Windows TCP/IP stack, you need some third party tool or add-on to Windows or your service be able to do that. /Hasain
September 25th, 2011 5:01pm

I am afraid it is not possible with the built in tools in the Windows TCP/IP stack, you need some third party tool or add-on to Windows or your service be able to do that. /Hasain
September 25th, 2011 5:01pm

Hmm okay, thank you, does anyone here maybe know a tool which could do that? Regards, Xaser
September 25th, 2011 5:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics