IPSec issue in Server 2003
I just configured IPsec for my dedicated web serverWindows Server 2003 Standard R2I blocked all inbound traffic,and allowed important ports such as Port 80 TCP , DNS 53TCP and UDPconfig of above filters : Source : Any IP AddressDestination : My IP Addresseverything was working finefrom outside , but I tested and realized that server can't connect to port 80 from inside , I added two new filters forPort 80 TCP , DNS 53TCP and UDPwith this config :Source : My IP AddressDestination : Any IP Addressits working fine now , server can connect to port 80but the problem is that sometimes (only sometimes) I can't open some of my subdomains , its give me 404 errorand also I recieve lots of notification email from serviceuptime.com regarding my domains that can't connect to port 80 HTTPI created a new filter to allow all outbound traffic from my server to outside. It fixed the problembut its not good to allow this , Imean allowing all outboundtraffic, I want to know what is the problem what should I do to fix the problem , what should I allow in my filter listThanks
March 16th, 2009 3:30pm

I am not sure what exactly issue is but if you can place some diagram of network and IPSec setup, i might be able to help (have some exposure to IPSec configuration)What i feel, your webserver needs to communicate with internal resources for authentication, share access, antivirus updates, windows updates, etc and we don't have proper IPSec rule setup for it.Does your internal network uses IPsec? IPSec drivers are tend to go in block mode - which will isolate your machine from network? do we see any event ID which failing to communcate with internal domains?While facing issue, what sort of communcation fails - UNC path? AD search? etcPlease do provide more info to get better idea.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2009 7:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics