IPSec/L2TP VPN with certificates in Windows Server 2008 R2??? How?
Hi all, We have a couple people at my workplace that will be traveling in the next couple months, my manager wants them to be able to connect to our network while their traveling, however PPTP is not secure enough for our needs. We want to set up IPSec/L2TP VPN with CERTIFICATE AUTHENTICATION for these employees for our Windows Server 2008 R2, however I am not exactly sure how to go about setting this up.. does anyone know where i could find a guide on how to do this? I know that there is also SSTP VPN, but some of the employees use Macs, can someone clarify if this is possible to set up for Macs? Sorry for my noobness!
February 3rd, 2010 1:10am

Hello, Thank you for your post here. To deploy L2TP/IPSec VPN solution, you may refer to: Deploying L2TP/IPSec-based Remote Access http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775490(WS.10).aspx To support SSTP VPN, you will need VPN dial-in client which is capable of SSTP. You may check whether there is one from Cisco, Apple or 3rd party. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2010 5:35am

Hi, Just wondering if you found a solution to this with Win 2008 Server? Thanks!
June 8th, 2011 10:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics