IIS 7 with Digest Authentication access setup for mp4 videos always prompts for "Enter Network Password" diaglog box on Windows Computers
Simple Server 2008/IIS 7.0 fully patched setup with index.htm file listing mp4 videos. Because of client data safeguards I have Digest Authentication in place. When a domain user accesses from the outside, they are prompted for their user name and password. The index.htm page displays and the domain user clicks on a mp4 video. The problem is the "Enter Network Password" box challenge comes up for every mp4 video on the index.htm web page. This happens with Windows 7 running Internet Explorer 10 and XP running Internet Explorer 8. If I use an iPad 3 and the Safari browser, I enter my user name and password once to access the index.htm and I am allowed to view all videos without the "Enter Network Password" challenge box popping up.
April 24th, 2013 8:40pm

Hi, Thank you for the post. As this issue is more about IIS, you may post this thread in this forum:http://forums.iis.net/ Regards, Nick Gu - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2013 12:32pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics