IIS 7.0 / 7.5 performance question
Mixed environment of Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.0 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and IIS 7.5 machines. Our team developed and deployed web services onto these IIS machines. Web services make a massive use of NET Framework parallel extension functionality (many parallel threads are run with linq queries into from remote clients) and CPU goes 100% (every w3wp.exe app pool) until the end of calculation. This is the correct behavior, I think ... but in others technologies (like sql server) 100% CPU is not always a bottleneck signal that brings you to blindly buy more server .. but rather to investigate why it happens and how to tune it. Can you please point me in the correct low-level diagnosis tool, performance tool, and a way to possibly speed up everything ? I would like to understand the more low-level possible. Thanks for help.
August 6th, 2012 10:07am

Might ask them over here. http://forums.iis.net/ Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2012 10:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics