IISRESET - Access Denied
Good afternoon, Trying to resolve an issue for one of our developers, basically all he is trying to do is reset IIS through command prompt using "IISRESET" command. He gets an error message: Attempting stop... Restart attempt failed. Access denied, you must be an administrator of the remote computer command. Either have your account added to the administrator local the remote computer or to the domain administrator global group. I tried this on his behalf using local admin account still the same error. I then turned off UAC settings and "Elevated" the permissions (RunAs Admin) on CMB - but still getting the same error. I then checked the registry settings to make sure UAC is off - confirmed. Checked a GP on the machine, all seems to be fine. Machine is in a AD OU along with other machines. Developers have no issues on other machines accept for this one. Running out of the ideas, so before I go with the old fashion re-image does anyone out there have an idea? Your assistance is highly appreciated. Kind Regards, Dragan
May 23rd, 2012 12:54am

Hi, For IIS please use instead this one http://forums.iis.net/ Thanks & Best Regards,Mohammed Imtiyaz Ali
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 23rd, 2012 12:59am

Hi, Seems to be down at the moment (404). Therefore, I have posted on here as we need the resolution asap.
May 23rd, 2012 1:06am

pls go to IIS forum for help.Jeff Ren TechNet Community Support beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2012 4:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics