IFF Condition against employeeType

Dear Friends,

I am facing an strange issue in outbound Sync rule for provisioning of users in AD. I have set the following two conditions on to create users in two different OUs however only first condition works and the second doesn't work. There is no error message and both OUs are checked in ADMA container and same required permission assigned.

IFF(CustomExpression(Eq(employeeType,"Full Time Employee")),(CustomExpression "CN="+accountName+",OU=Employee,DC=dev,DC=local"),(CustomExpression(Null()))+IFF(CustomExpression(Eq(employeeType,"Contractor")),(CustomExpression("CN="+accountName+",OU=Contractor,DC=dev,DC=local"),(CustomExpression(Null())

I have created through the GUI options and the details are as follow:

Function
Function name
IFF
condition:Boolean
Eq(employeeType,"Full Time Employee")
ValueTrue:Object
"CN="+accountName+",OU=Employee,DC=dev,DC=local"
ValueFalse:Object
Null()

Function

Function name
IFF
Eq(employeeType,"Contractor")
"CN="+accountName+",OU=Contractor,DC=dev,DC=local"
Null()

Regards
Sarwar

May 14th, 2014 11:41pm

Have you tried to put your second condition inside the first conditions ValueFalse:Object

So instead this:

Null()

Try this:

Function
Function name
IFF
Eq(employeeType,"Contractor")
"CN="+accountName+",OU=Contractor,DC=dev,DC=local"
Null()

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2014 12:38am

Thanks Gaston for your suggestion however I am not very good in scripting therefore would you please elaborate further.

May 15th, 2014 12:56am

Hello,

I will simply put this in a CustomExpression

IFF(Eq(employeeType,"Full Time Employee"),"CN="+accountName+",OU=Employee,DC=dev,DC=local",IFF(Eq(employeeType,"Contractor"),"CN="+accountName+",OU=Contractor,DC=dev,DC=local",Null()))

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2014 5:43am

Hi,

There was nothing wrong with the Sync. rule and it works irrespective of no. of conditions. Actually the issue was MPR and the SET in it which has filter to provision only one employee type. Anyways Thanks everyone for their responses.

Regards

sarwar

May 16th, 2014 2:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics