IAS Event error
I have a question that I hope will be an easy one for someone. I have a 2003 server that is running as a file server that is getting a large amount of Event ID: 1017 errors for IAS services. I am getting about 20 per hour. I'll paste the error code below. I have searched the ivent code andIAS informationand gotten no where on it. This problem is starting to showup on other servers in the net, but not as sever. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks --Jon Source: Pef LibraryEvent ID: 1017Type: ErrorPerformance counter data collection from the "IAS" service has been disabled due to one or more errors generated by the performance counter library for that service. The error(s) that forced this action have been written to the application event log. The error(s) should be corrected before the performance counters for this service are enabled again. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
January 20th, 2009 7:12pm

hi there,As you have said your server is running as file server, so i assume that you have configured disks on the server.if yes , i would like to know how many disks are connected / configured ?. i would like to know if you have performed system upgrade recently ?, also check for the perfdisk.dll version and let me know if it has latest version installed.Second method=========== Start Regedit.exe. (You cannot use Regedt32.exe because it does not allow searching for registry values.) Click to select the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services Select Find from the Edit menu. In the Find What field, type Disable Performance Counters. Click Find Next. This will locate a Performance key that may have this Registry value set to 1. If the Registry value is set to 1, set the value to 0 or delete the Registry value. Press F3 to find the next occurrence of this Registry value. Repeat the previous two steps until there are no Performance keys that have the Disable Performance Counters value set to 1. If the above procedure doesnt work , try performing the below stepsback up the registry at first place. After which navigate to the service ( which is IAS ) and delete the Performance subkey , restart the machine and test if the event id is occuring or not sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2009 10:51am

The server has 4 300GB drives set up in a RADI 1+0 configuration for a total of 570GB of space. and 2 72GB drives set at RAID 1+0 for the OS. The only upgrades that I have done on it has been a security patch that was downloaded this last weekend. Other than that, nothing has changed at all.I have twoperfdisk.Dll files, one in System32 folder, and one in the i386 folder on the main drive. They are both 5.2.3790.3959.I can try the second method, but can only reboot it on the weekends due to production needs. --Jon
January 21st, 2009 5:36pm

hi there,thanks for the information , i would suggest you to update the server, and follow the second method and let us know.sainath Windows Driver Development
January 22nd, 2009 12:21pm

I was able to reboot the server this weekend, but I am still havng the same error messages as before on the IAS performace libs. I did go through the second method and removed all keys listed.--Jon
February 23rd, 2009 5:33pm

I looked at the regedit key and found that the 'Disable Performace Counters" data registry has been set back to 1. I changed it back to 0 and will try again.--Jon
February 23rd, 2009 5:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics