IADsTools.dll support on Windows Server 2008
Hi all, Can anybody tell me if the IADsTools.dll which provides APIs to get Active Directory information on a machine is supported with this Windows Server 2008. If not supported then what are the alternative APIs avialable which provides similar kind of functionality? If sources of such information provided wouldbeof great help. Thanks,
February 19th, 2008 9:44am

Hello, Based on some research, I found this dll file is no longer included in Windows Server 2008. Regarding you question, I suggest that you post this issue in our MSDN forum for best support, as it appears that this is a development related request. http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn I hope this issue will be resolved soon. Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Chang Yin Microsoft Online Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2008 4:32pm

Hello, Thanks for your comments. Can you tell me where should i post this on msdn. Exactly under which section?. What i understand is it should be posted under Winder Server 2008. Correct me if i am wrong. Thanks and Regards, Gangaprasad
February 22nd, 2008 2:36pm

Hi chang, Can i know reason (if permissible)why microsoft decided not to support this dll file with 2008?Are there any possibilities that microsoft may provide support OR add alternative functionality. Thanks, Gangaprasad
February 22nd, 2008 2:45pm

I know it'snota supported solution but it works for me.I just copied the iadstools.dll thatI was using on one of my Domain Controllers running Windows 2003 server to one of my new testserver (running Windows 2008 server)I registered the iadstools.dll onWindows 2008 server with regsvr32 and my script to force replication seems to work fine.I will now do some testing on a Windows 2008 server 64 bit but I think i will have to call the script usingC:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wscript.exe.sveghy
March 5th, 2009 1:40pm

Hi sveghyI met the same problem.And my OS is windows server 2008 64bit.I tried as you said, copy dll to 2008, and register. But it still can't use...why???
November 18th, 2009 11:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics