I/O Error occured while instaling a file. this usually caused by a bad installation media or a corrupt installation file. abbort/retry
I am getting the following error when installing software on my windows 2003 server. Thanks Jeff
April 8th, 2013 1:56pm

You get that error for only for a particular software or for each and every software ? Run chkdisk /r from cmd and see if that helps. Regards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2013 2:27pm

I get this error sometimes when the download borked up. Is it a downloaded file? How large is the installation EXE. Where are you installing from?BlankMonkey
April 8th, 2013 3:20pm

Tried this and still not working
April 8th, 2013 4:03pm

Downloaded the file off the web and saved it to the server
April 8th, 2013 4:05pm

Run sfc /scannow from cmd, that should fix any broken system files. Try clean boot : How to perform a clean boot of Windows 2003 If nothing works, try in-place upgrade : How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003 Regards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
April 8th, 2013 10:58pm

Run sfc /scannow from cmd, that should fix any broken system files. Try clean boot : How to perform a clean boot of Windows 2003 If nothing works, try in-place upgrade : How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows Server 2003 Regards, Santosh I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.
April 9th, 2013 5:53am

Have you 'unblocked' it? in the properties there should not be a "unblock" button, if there is, unblock it. Also try running it as administrator.BlankMonkey
April 9th, 2013 8:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics