Hyper V 2012 , error cant access the virtual machine settings

Hello Guys,

we have 2 Hosts installed with Windows Server 2012 Standard. These 2 Hosts are configured as an Failover-Cluster. Also we have an IBM Storwhize connected directly via SCSI to both hosts. Its configured as a shared volume in Failover Cluster Manager.

we have the following problem:

From time to time, when i want to open hyper-v settings on host002 , i cant access this, i get this error:

cant access hyper-v settings, running out of memory or disk

But my disk space and RAM is OK. the strange thing is that the virtual machines are accesable via RDP.

To solve this issue temporarily i have to reboot HOST002. If i reboot host002 then it works, but host001 has the same problem.. I think its an issue with the Failover Configuring, because all that started when we have shutted down both servers, then i think failover cluster wanted to move these virtual machines (high availability) and then get in errors.

it would be very glad if anyone can help me (remote or whatever)

All virtual machines are running perfectly, but i cant access the settings and our backup tool VEEAM cant backup the virtual machines..

Thanks Edmond

February 12th, 2015 6:05pm

How are you getting to the Hyper-V Server management console?

Do you RDP to your Hyper-V Server and then open the console?  If so, be sure to logout of your RDP session, don't just disconnect.  There is a memory issue with RDP sessions in this way.

Do you open the Hyper-V Management console from your workstation?  If so, check your workstation, not the server.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2015 7:25pm

Hi, have you tried any of the the following?

Re-run the Validate Cluster tool - if so did you get any errors?

Any errors found in the hosts event logs or in the Failover Cluster Manager?

Any disk errors with your shared storage?

Cheers

Andy

February 12th, 2015 7:27pm

The only errors are:

"The servers do not all have the same software updates.

I am connecting to console directly on Server HOST001 , or HOST002

not from client

Okay nice to know thanks, i will log now, no disconnecting

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 3:18pm

Hi Sir,

The error "The servers do not all have the same software updates." was created by running cluster validation ?

Please keep them up-to-date first .

Also please try to follow the following article regarding how to properly shutdown a failover cluster :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/clustering/archive/2013/08/23/10443912.aspx

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

February 16th, 2015 4:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics