Hyper-V on Windows 2k12 Wireless ICS

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked multiple times and I've got fairly close to what I want to achieve.

This is the background:

Windows Server 2012 running Hyper-V with an Ubuntu virtual machine. I have a wireless adaptor connected to the server, shared the internet connection with an internal virtual adaptor which the VM is using. The VM has no trouble accessing the internet this way.

My problem is, I want to be able to forward ports directly to the VM and be able to 'see' the VM from other PCs connected to the network. So far I've been unable to do this and I've spent so many hours trying to work it out now.

I tried the method of bridging connections but this didn't help me in this case.

Thanks for any help!

September 3rd, 2013 3:37pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for getting back but unfortunately that didn't work for me.  

What I did was to delete all traces of my previous set up (virtual cards) then added a virtual external network switch using my wireless card in Hyper-V and added it to the VM through the settings. When Ubuntu boots up it just says 'Waiting for network configuration' and then once up I can't ping google or anything. I tried with both Legacy and non legacy network cards.

It is slowly driving me insane! 

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2013 5:07pm

Hi Brian,

Yes the latest Ubuntu. Would I assign the IP address from within the VM or from Win2k12? How is it done within Win2k12 exactly? When I was using Internet connection sharing when I tried doing this by selecting the virtual adaptor properties and changing it there the VM lost all internet connectivity so I wasn't sure if this was the correct way to do so.

Many Thanks

September 4th, 2013 4:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics