Hyper-V Web Server Hardware Specification
Hi I need some guidance on the hardware specification of a Hyper-v hosted web server. I need to host a website totalling about 25mb with a maximum of 100 concurrent connections. My questions is, what OS should I use, how much RAM do I need and what processor options should I go for? Surely there is a calculation I can use to find this information rather than over speccing the server just to be safe. My assumption is 4GB of RAM would be suffice, but I need to confirm this along with CPU core requirements? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
August 29th, 2012 5:26pm

Hi, This is a tricky question. First Off, the OS will depend on the Website being hosted. What is the site coded in? Does it use a DB? The Hardware requirements will depend on the OS foremost, then the overhead from users. Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2012 9:54pm

Hi, This is a tricky question. First Off, the OS will depend on the Website being hosted. What is the site coded in? Does it use a DB? The Hardware requirements will depend on the OS foremost, then the overhead from users. Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
August 29th, 2012 10:03pm

Thanks Martin, The site is coded in php and does not use a DB. Would Windows Server 2008 R2 be a sensible choice?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2012 2:25am

Hi, Windows Server 2008 R2 is your choice.
September 3rd, 2012 9:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics