Hyper-V Replica Fails to replicate...

Hey all,

Here's the details:

Site A:

Two node Hyper-v Cluster with 3 guests sending replicas to site B.  We'll call the guests siteaguest1, siteaguest2, and siteaguest3.  Replica's being sent over port 80.  No certs involved.

Site B:

Single Hyper-v host with 1 guest sending replicas to site A.  We'll call the guest sitebguest1.  Replica's being sent over port 80.  No certs involved.

Yesterday morning I got into the office and found siteaguest1 and sitebguest1 replication was behind and failing when I attempted to resume.  siteaguest2 and siteguest3 were both replicating normally.  Event logs for each failing guest look the same.  Every minute I see these two events:

Source: Hyper-V-VMMS

Event ID: 32022

Hyper-V could not replicate changes for virtual machine 'siteaguest1': The connection with the server was terminated abnormally (0x00002EFE). 

Source: Hyper-V-VMMS

Event ID: 32315

Hyper-V failed to replicate changes for virtual machine 'siteaguest1'  Hyper-V will retry replication after 1 minute(s).

For fun, I disabled replica and then enabled it again and reseeded and I get the same result.  

Any ideas as to what might be causing my replicas to fail?

Thanks in advance for your help.

June 19th, 2015 9:41am

Since starting this thread a second guest in Site A has stopped replicating and is now displaying the same behavior as the other problem guests.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 11:34am

here's the other troubleshooting steps i've taken:

-I've verified time on all three hosts in the two sites.  All is good.
-I've rebuilt the replication configuration on the hyper-v host in site b
-I've checked eventlogs and the only errors I'm seeing are the ones I've included in my original post
-I've tested DNS
-I've test ping connectivity
-I've verified firewall on all hosts is off
-I've disabled network IPS
-I've disabled anti-virus on our Firewall
-I've moved the VPN between the sites so that it flows through different circuits (to rule out WAN issues)

I still have siteaguest3 replicating to site b successfully.

June 19th, 2015 12:38pm

Hi Fowlerlfc23,

To troublshoot the error "The connection with the server was terminated abnormally (0x00002EFE)", please check if this issure is related to security or authentication.

In this case, please also go through the security event logs and check if there is audit failure.

For more detailed information, please refer to this article:

The Case of the Unexplained Windows Server 2012 Replica Kerberos Error : 0x8009030C 0x00002EFE

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2015 8:04am

What was the solution here?  Replication of a test machine in my environment has also stopped working on June 19th. I get error 32022 and 32315 in the event logs.  This machine has been replicating for years, but suddenly has a problem?  Nothing I do seems to make repl kick in.  There are 2 .hrl files in the VMs storage location.  One dated the 19th, and one dated the 24th.  Wonder if that has something to do w
July 15th, 2015 7:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics