Hyper-V Dynamic Memory Demand Blank

Hi,

im wondering about a blank Memory demand Value at a virtual machine on my Windows 8.1 with enabled Hyper-V Feature. Inside the VM the OS is Hyper-V Server 2012 R2. I tried to update the Integration Services but they are actual already. Here is screenshot of the Memory Monitoring i get in the Hyper-V Console:

Can you help me guys?

Thanks

Michael

June 10th, 2014 1:47pm

The colum is blank if the guest doesnt support dynamic memory, and therefor can not comunicate the need for dynamic memory with the host.

Is this a clean install of windows 8.1 or was it converted from another source?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2014 4:46pm

It is a normal Windows 8.1 Installation nothing Special. Im wondering about this because on another System, where i have installed Windows Server 2012 R2 this guest VM with Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 doesn't have this Problem with dynamic Memory...
June 10th, 2014 7:05pm

Sound like a problem with the guest VM.

Try installing another VM on the host and configuring dynamic memory and see f it works. That way you will know of it is a host or guest problem.

June 10th, 2014 7:08pm

And in addtion: The other modern integrations like for example enhanced session mode works normally and with this VM.
June 10th, 2014 7:09pm

Hi mknuel,

Did you try to restart the hyper-v virutal machine management serive ?

Best Regards

Elton Ji

June 11th, 2014 9:25am

Yes the service i already restarted..
June 11th, 2014 9:52am

Hi mknuel,

For troubleshooting , I would suggest you to   copy the VHD file of 2012R2 VM then create a new VM and attach the VHD file to see if it works .

Also , please keep the host and VM up-to-date  .

Best Regards

Elton Ji

June 17th, 2014 3:05am

Hi mknuel,

How are things going ?

Best Regards

Elton Ji

June 27th, 2014 1:25am

Hi,

I had the same issue, the memory demand is blank. My Hyper V host is a Windows server 2012 R2 standard up to date and the VM is a Windows  2008 SP 2 up to date. 

I made the test that you suggest and when move the VM to other host the issue remain. Then i suppose that the issue is Windows  2008 SP 2. Then I google it, and found several issues like this on the 2012 and a hot fix to solve it. but the hotfix is not longer available, the i supposed that maybe is becouse the fix now is automatic on windows update, but my system is up to date. Could you help me how to continue now?

Best regards,

Federico

June 23rd, 2015 1:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics