Hyper-V 2012 R2 Cluster Problem with more than 2 Nodes

Hy Guents!

I've a Problem with a 2012 R2 Hyper-V Cluster with 3 Nodes.

All the Nodes Using a iSCSI Connection to a HP Storage. CSV Disk is available in the Disk Management in all the 3 Nodes.

Now, i'm building the Cluster with the Failover-Cluster Manager, Validation Report ist passed correct.
When i built the Cluster with 2 Nodes all running fine.

Then i'll add a third node to the cluster and this is not possible. The Process to add the node needs about 3 minutes, then the Error - the Cluster service on the third node (no matter what note) cannot start with the errors:

in event-Log:

The Cluster service cannot be started. An attempt to read configuration data from the Windows registry failed with error '2'. Please use the Failover Cluster Management snap-in to ensure that this machine is a member of a cluster. If you intend to add this machine to an existing cluster use the Add Node Wizard. Alternatively, if this machine has been configured as a member of a cluster, it will be necessary to restore the missing configuration data that is necessary for the Cluster Service to identify that it is a member of a cluster. Perform a System State Restore of this machine in order to restore the configuration data.

Failover-Clustering Diagnostic Logging:

[CS] Service CreateNodeThread Failed, (2)' because of 'Open parameters key failed.'
Event-ID: 2051

this errors are the same on each node which is the 3rd node for the Cluster...

Did someone have a solution for this problem?

October 25th, 2013 6:14am

Do you have the firewall running or any AV software on the 3rd node? I'd try disabling them first if you do.

Dave

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2013 7:46am

Does the C:\Windows\Cluster\CLUSDB exist on the third node?

Thanks,
Basar
October 25th, 2013 8:15am

Trying to clarify what you are describing.

It sounds like you already have a two node cluster that is working, and you want to add a third node to it.  Are you trying simply Add a node to the running cluster, or are you trying to build an entirely new cluster?  You should use the Add Node function of Cluster Manager if you simply want to add a node to an existing cluster.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2013 7:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics