How update users information between AD and FIM

Hello.

I have a problem. My system has users information only in FIM and I'm able to export wirh success these users into AD running the following profiles:

1) Full import (ADMA)

2) Full synch (ADMA)

3) Full import, synch, export, delta import (FIMMA)

4) Export with ma-extension-error (ADMA)

5) Delta import (ADMA)

Users are successfully write into AD even if during the export phase ther is the problem written above.

Moreover, I modify a user attribute in AD and I want to propagate this change into FIM.

So I run:

1) delta import

2) delta synch (ADMA). (everything ok)

3) export (FIMMA)

When I run export for FIMMA an error appears for every user Detected Rule Entry: failed-creation-via-web-services.

If I click Validate object against schema, "Required attribute 'Connector' is missing" appears in Export in progress tab.

If I click Preview and Generate preview it says Synchronization succesfull. On the left, I click Connector Updates and I explore Attribute flow for Detected Rule Entry object of FIMMA and I notice that synchRuleID, displayName, connector, resourceParent, objectType have skipped: Not precedent status and Final value (Deleted). Only <object-id> is applied.

It seems that the connector space of Fimma was deleted automatically.

What can I do? Thank you in advance.

• Moved by Anca PopaMicrosoft contingent staff Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:38 AM English and not Italian (From:Sicurezza, Microsoft Forefront, Gestione degli Accessi e delle Identità)
July 18th, 2011 6:13pm

Thank you very much Mr. Almotlaq. I reached the solution reading very carefully your suggested article and these rows rappresent the solution:

"......The creation of an object in the metaverse is always initiated by an object in the connector space. This process is also known as projection. In addition to projecting a new object in the metaverse, a connector space object can also join to an existing metaverse object. Both processes, projection and join, establish a link relationship between a connector space object and a metaverse object. In the FIM terminology, a connector space object that is linked to a metaverse object is known as a connector. If a connector space object does not have a link relationship, it is known as a disconnector. The following illustration shows an example of this........"

In other words, I created Join and Projection rules in ADMA configuration - Configure Join and Projection Rules for group, organizational unit and user.

Moreover, I putted equal precedence for group and user attributes except than some attributes I wanted to have particular precedence.

Thank you very much again for your suggestion.

• Marked as answer by greenmp86 Tuesday, July 19, 2011 3:23 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 19th, 2011 3:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics