How to use LoadGen 2007 to Communicate with BizTalk 2013 Application Server

Hi All,

Did some searching on the forum to an answer to my question, but can't seem to find an exact one, so I'm posting.  I'm new to BizTalk, and we currently have a BizTalk 2013 Applicaton server setup that's connected to a sqlserver 2008 R2 database which is local to the biztalk server. 

I installed the loadgen2007 app, and i'm just trying to generate simple MsgBox and/or messaging transport to the server.  I don't need anything fancy, just any kind of load that will give the biztalk app server some life, as well as give me some perf counts.  I tried using some the sample config files provided by loadgen installer.  For instance, I tried using the HttpToHttpOneWayLG.xml file, and configured it to read the biztalk database.

The tool seems to run properly after executing the LoadGenConsole.exe  <path to configfile>  but when i check the event logs, I see the following:

Start() Section [HttpSection] encountered the following exception and it will retry System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at HTTPTransport.HTTPTransport.SendSmallMessage(String UniqueDestFileName)

I couldn't really make out the error, and googling didn't seem to help.  Again, BizTalk newb here, so any help would be appreciated.  

Much appreciated. 

-JP

July 18th, 2013 5:54pm

Also, just to add, another question I had was, do I need to reference my biztalk server anywhere in the loadgen config file?  I"m wondering how biz talk recognizes the load that's generated by the loadgen tool...

Thanks again for all the help.

JP

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2013 5:57pm

BizTalk on it's own does not respond to any web requests. The purpose of LoadGen to test application developed on BizTalk. So..

1. You should have an application which is exposed as a web service or over HTTP developed in BizTalk.
  2. This service should accept the HttpToHttpOneWayLG.xml message and provide a response.

Then if you're using HTTP Receive, the HTTP Receive location should be enabled through the BizTalk HTTP receive dll or in case of a Web Service, the Orchestration should have been published as a web service. The end points are what you'll provide LoadGen for the test.

Regards.

July 19th, 2013 4:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics