How to uninstall and instal personal certificate?
> certutil -delstore -user Personal\Certificates "12 02 83 b8 00 01 00 > 00 06 d6" > AFAIK it should read certutil -delstore my "<cert-sn>" regards, Martin NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 10th, 2012 5:40am

Hi Martin, When I execute that command it tells me it is succesful, but I see the certificate is still there.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2012 6:07am

> When I execute that command it tells me it is succesful, but I see the > certificate is still there. > Then you might try to use the certificate distinguished name instead of the serial number - that (at least for me and in my environment) I can confirm to work. regards, Martin NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 10th, 2012 7:21am

I need to use the name which I can find back through certmgr?
May 10th, 2012 7:38am

In our domain we have a personal certificate from an external partner that needs to be deployed to all client computers. First I need tod elete the certifcate and after that I need to install the certificate. For uninstalling I use this: certutil -delstore -user Personal\Certificates "12 02 83 b8 00 01 00 00 06 d6". But its not working, and for the import I don't know how todo this? Thanks in advance
May 10th, 2012 11:06am

> certutil -delstore -user Personal\Certificates "12 02 83 b8 00 01 00 > 00 06 d6" > AFAIK it should read certutil -delstore my "<cert-sn>" regards, Martin NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 10th, 2012 12:40pm

Hi Martin, When I execute that command it tells me it is succesful, but I see the certificate is still there.
May 10th, 2012 1:07pm

> When I execute that command it tells me it is succesful, but I see the > certificate is still there. > Then you might try to use the certificate distinguished name instead of the serial number - that (at least for me and in my environment) I can confirm to work. regards, Martin NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 10th, 2012 2:21pm

I need to use the name which I can find back through certmgr?
May 10th, 2012 2:38pm

Hi, Please try to open an mmc and go to certificate management to check which store and its name (may as well delete it while you are there), if you can't due to running server core, you can change the target of the mmc from a client ie your workstation. You just need to have the resource kit installed on your workstation. In addition, I'd like to share a useful article for your reference: How to Remove a Personal Certificate from Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185059 Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis Cheng TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Elytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 11th, 2012 2:43am

Hi, Please try to open an mmc and go to certificate management to check which store and its name (may as well delete it while you are there), if you can't due to running server core, you can change the target of the mmc from a client ie your workstation. You just need to have the resource kit installed on your workstation. In addition, I'd like to share a useful article for your reference: How to Remove a Personal Certificate from Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185059 Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis Cheng TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.Elytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 11th, 2012 9:43am

> I need to use the name which I can find back through certmgr? In the subject, look for "CN="... NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 14th, 2012 7:57am

> I need to use the name which I can find back through certmgr? In the subject, look for "CN="... NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs? Wenn meine Antwort hilfreich war, freue ich mich ber eine Bewertung! If my answer was helpful, I'm glad about a rating!
May 14th, 2012 7:57am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as Answered as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts. Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 16th, 2012 7:10am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as Answered as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts. Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 16th, 2012 7:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics