How to troubleshoot what made a service stop?
Guys, can you give some ideas on this:Win2003 Server. There is a service running there from a third party application (myservice.exe). The service is running OK lately.Then when I install a network appliance which is supposed to accelerate traffic on the network, I observe that 30 minutes later or sosuch "myservice.exe" goes to "stopped". Then obviously users can longer connect to the server and perform tasks related to that application. I took network captures on the server but the network communication (on the respective port such application uses) continues to flow normally even after such service is stopped. Therefore it is has been really hard for me determine what is the cause of the problem.My question is then, which tool or method should I use to find out what is causing such service to goes to 'stop' once traffic from this network appliance is in place? Any ideas?
May 9th, 2008 10:27pm

See if you can run it in debug mode which should give you verbose logging. This would be a question for your supplier of the application.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2008 6:14pm

You could enable Security Auditing and configure it to log events for starting and stopping services... You should be able to determine what user or process is calling it to stop.
June 17th, 2008 10:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics