How to track network adapter settings
I would like to know how to track network change settings, because we are having issues with two W2K8 R2 servers which get disconnected from the network without any reason. The servers were on, though they have DRAC to access them I have been unable to get in. So, it was pushed the power button to restart them and when get back on, the NIC cards were unteamed. I am presumming that somebody unteamed the NIC cards, but I have no any avidence of the NIC card setting changes. Please, need some advice on how to activate an audit on the Network settings to detect who or which app produced the changes. Thanks in advance
March 4th, 2011 8:49pm

Hi, Have you checked the event log? Is there any relevant information? As far as I know, network adapter settings is not easy to audit. You may consider configuring the audit policy and audit the network card registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards\<number> Hope this helps. Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2011 3:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics