How to suppress the Duplicate records, but show the heading (Title) in SSRS report

Hello Experts,

I have an issue, and i need your expert judgement on this. I am working on SSRS reports, and i did all possible things to hide the duplicates. It in-fact hides them, but as per the requirement, the duplicate data for a Student, with two records, One should display and the other should display partially, but not the whole. It should Suppress the duplicate data (as shown below).

Need your advise as to how to achieve this.

August 19th, 2015 4:26pm

Hi Rahman, 

According to your description, you want to hide duplicate records in Tablix, right? 

In Reporting Services, if we want to hide row records, we can use custom expression to control the visibility of rows. In your scenario, you have duplicate records for a student. For your requirement, you can use Previous() function to hide the duplicate row records on the row visibility. Please refer to the following expression: 

Status visibility expression: =IIf(Fields!status.Value = Previous(Fields!status.Value), true, false)

UGdate visibility expression: =IIf(Fields!UGdate.Value = Previous(Fields!UGdate.Value), true, false)

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Regards, Shrek Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 1:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics