How to split large xml files into small chunks using stream in custom disassembler component?

Please share

How to split large xml files into small chunks using stream in custom disassembler comp

July 10th, 2013 1:32pm

First, can you describe why the XmlDisassembler does not meet your needs?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 10th, 2013 1:54pm

Hi Ravindra,

As mentioned by boatseller, it can be acheived using the deafault XMLReceive pipeline.

Have a look at : http://tech-findings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/debatchingsplitting-xml-message-biztalk.html

It might help.

July 10th, 2013 5:24pm

Ravindra, You might refer to my suggestion in this thread

July 10th, 2013 10:50pm

Hi,

Actually we are receiving 2 gb xml file daily and it has nearly 100000 records. so if we debatch using XML disassembler then we need 100000 instances.  So we want to split as 1000 files each has 100 records and storing them into the database.

July 11th, 2013 5:41pm

Then you need the custom pipeline component where you can define a configurable property to set how many records you want to put into a message when debatching. You can see the code I have given in the above thread and instead of creating message for single chunk you can use loop to write as many record as defined by custom property and can then create the message.
July 11th, 2013 10:47pm

Go it.  Then I would wrap the XmlDasm component since it already does all the hard work.

You can add a property for the count. 

Then, using XmlReader/XmlWriter for example, you Write the result GetNext to you 'batch' message n-times, then return.  Repeat.  This is in the overridden GetNext.

July 12th, 2013 8:48am

Hi,

I think that you still need to play with the schema and the envelop, I don't know if you set the option of max occurs to 100, weither you'll debatch by 100 records instead of 1.

This is a good example that I faced many times, but I never had the time to investigate the 100 max occurs thing?

Thx,

July 12th, 2013 11:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics