How to sign certificate with custom validity period using Enterprise CA
Hello, i am wondering how to sign certificate with custom validity period using Enterprise CA. There is no problem with Standalone CA, validity period can be set with "ValidityPeriodUnits"registry value, but it don`t work with Enterprise CA. I am trying to sign CSR with a command: certreq -submit -attrib "CertificateTemplate: WebServer" certificate_request.der it makes certificate valid for only 2 years.
January 14th, 2011 6:31am

you need to configure template validity period. Open certtmpl.msc, double-click on required template (in your case Web Server) and in general tab change validity period setting. After this resubmit request.http://en-us.sysadmins.lv
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2011 6:45am

Just to add to Vadims answer. 1) You need to work with a V2 certificate template to set a custom validity period. The WebSErver certificate template is a v1 template and is hardcoded to the lesser of two years or the ValidityPeriod/ValidityPeriodUnits registry settings (or the remaining lifetime on the enterprise CA certificate). 2) The default on an enterprise CA for the ValidityPeriod/ValidityPeriodUnits registry setting is two years. If you want to issue certificates with a great validity period, you must reset the registry values, and restart Certificate Services Brian
January 16th, 2011 9:57am

i have dublicated WebServer template, edited it and extended it validity and usig it for signing. The "ValidityPeriodUnits"registry value also must be extended. Thanks for the thoughts.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 23rd, 2011 3:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics