How to setup a small office with Windows Server 2008
HiI hope this is the right place to ask.I'm a newbie in network issues.How can I setup a small office network with file sharing?The machines are:- Windows server 2008- 3 Windows XP machines.I tried to just setup a shared folder but the computers can't see each other on the network, even when I turn offthe firewall on all the machines.The server can see itself and the printer only.Any help will beappreciated. tnx.
December 18th, 2008 4:36pm

hi there,when u try to setup small office network , the wizard prompts for a) workgroup nameb) it asks you whether clients connects to internet through residial gateway or thorugh this computer , what have you selectedc) turn on file and printer sharing --should be on ( check on the Nic card of the clients if it is disabled you cannot establish file sharingd) do u get any error message at the end of the setup ? i mean does your network setup wizard run smooth , what option are you providing ?======================================================================Why dont you go with conventional way of sharing a folder on one of hte server / windows xp client and share it ?all that you need is a) server service b) workstation service to be enabled on the client and server c) make sure that you enable port 139, 445 listening d) make sure client for microsoft network on nic adapter is checked along with file and printer sharingsainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2008 6:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics