How to setup/configure a domain email in Windows Server 2008
Hi dear! I have been trying to set up a domain email address in Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition all to no avail. It used to be possible in Windows Server 2003. Please direct on how to do this if it is possible. Thank you!
August 15th, 2012 6:33pm

Hi, Can you please elaborate on this, what are you trying to achieve?Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2012 9:36pm

Hi, The Role you are seeking for Mail Server (POP, SMTP) is not available in Server 2008 but IS however available in server 2003. Your Options Are: (1) - Keep the existing 2003 box as your mail server and add it to your new domain forest (Just use the 2003 box for mail only) (2) - Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and relevant licensing (3) - Install a 3rd Party Mail Server like Zimbra or equivalent (There are loads of free options out there) My Advice, I would take Option 1 or Option 2 as these will be the least hassle to implement into your environment. Kind Regards, MIf you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
August 15th, 2012 11:04pm

Hi, The Role you are seeking for Mail Server (POP, SMTP) is not available in Server 2008 but IS however available in server 2003. Your Options Are: (1) - Keep the existing 2003 box as your mail server and add it to your new domain forest (Just use the 2003 box for mail only) (2) - Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and relevant licensing (3) - Install a 3rd Party Mail Server like Zimbra or equivalent (There are loads of free options out there) My Advice, I would take Option 1 or Option 2 as these will be the least hassle to implement into your environment. Kind Regards, MIf you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 15th, 2012 11:12pm

Hi, Glad to know the issue got fixed in the end. However, I think Windows Server 2008 is better then Windows Server 2003. In my opinion, you might consider using Exchange server as your email solution. It depends on your choice. Regards, James James Xiong TechNet Community Support
August 16th, 2012 10:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics