How to set up WAN?
Hello. I think this is a question about WAN, but im not really sure. I am in a location A, there are 4 departments there. The IT Department HAS to move to a location B, we want to be able to maintain the same users of active directory and to be able to manage everything remotely. What do u recommend for us to do? what can we do?! Thanks!
August 19th, 2010 4:44am

Hello, if i understand you correct the new location will get new IT equipment and you have to connect both of them? Or do you move with all material? Please be more specific about the new and old location.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2010 10:44am

Hello, If you need to connect 2 different sites/locations then yes you need to connect them using WAN solution. Regards,
August 19th, 2010 1:00pm

Well, the computers that were in the IT room are going to the new location. They are connected to the domain in this location, so I want them to keep all the configurations from there. How do I set up a WAN solution? Which equipments do I need? Thanks
August 20th, 2010 2:44am

You'll need to start with planning for connectivity between both locations. How do you plan on connecting, via VPN tunnels accross the internet? Have you contacted your ISP for options on services they provide?Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
August 20th, 2010 5:00am

Hello, this belongs for your needs and the amount of users. For remote connections you can use VPNs or you setup a router to router connection with your own subnet over a leased line from your ISP.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
August 20th, 2010 9:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics