How to search for an exact term guid using KQL in SharePoint 2013

Hi there,

I'm not very skilled when it comes to KQL so I may not be 100% accurate in my description, but I have a term store populated with a large amount of hierarchically ordered terms. I'm trying to construct a query for a specific term GUID but for some reason I either end up with no hits or almost 200 hits. I would like a query where I only get the documents where that particular term is used, but it looks like I also get hits for documents that contains one of the child terms. Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can construct a query that omits documents which contains the term children?

September 4th, 2015 8:22am

Hi boomshanka,

Based on your descriptions, you want to construct a query for a specific term except its children.

I created a search center and tested it in my SharePoint server. It worked and I only got the documents which have the specific term except its children.

For this issue, I recommend re-index the document libraries and then do a full crawl to see if the issue still occurs.

Here is a detail article about how to start a full crawl and re-index the library:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/tothesharepoint/archive/2013/10/31/how-to-create-a-search-center-site-collection-and-enable-crawling-of-your-content-in-sharepoint-2013.aspx

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 11:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics