How to run my script on logon screen when user changes password or needs to reset password

Hi Guys

How can I run my script that displays a company policy warning with certain text on the logon screen when a user clicks on change password or receives the reset password message and has to reset his/her password. I received a lot of feedback on other forums saying that this is not possible because there is no event to trigger my script automatically from the logon screen according to my requirements and that it only may be possible through task scheduler. If true is there any other way of achieving this? I know that you can edit the legal notice through group policy or by changing the registry settings but the company which I'm doing this project for doesn't want it to display as a legal notice at the start of the login screen but only when the user clicks on change password or when he tries to login and receives the password expired and needs to be reset message and clicks on OK.

Hopefully my goal is stated clearly enough and easy to read and understand cause I got a lot of replies that said I'm not clear enough of what I want to do.

Please help its quite urgent its for a project at work for another company that's one of our clients.

Thanks guys.

Regards

Armand Peens

:)

• Edited by AGPeens 18 hours 48 minutes ago
May 27th, 2015 8:23am

What others have told you is correct. You would have to replace the GINA with a custom GINA.  This would take an experienced systems programmer and cannot be done with script.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 9:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics