How to rid out windows boot manager?
I installed windows 2008 on our server and after installation and testing compatibility with other applications I decided to return it to windows 2003 server again. Now, here is my dilemma, I'm trying to install again the windows 2003 server but the Windows boot manager still displaying and it could not continue to install the Win 2003. Listed below are the following work around I done. 1. Re-create the array and install again the windows 2003 2. Set the windows 2003 repair to go to repair the boot partition of win 2003. I used fixboot, fixmbr, and bootcfg /default. 3. I also did is to Diskpart tool and rid out the partition of my disk and proceed again on installation of windows 2003. After all of this work around still have no luck to install my win 2003 server on our server and it alway keeps displaying the windows boot manager. Hope you could help me on this issue.
August 23rd, 2007 3:33am

That does sound a little weird.......did you reformat your HDD as well? Ward
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2007 8:50pm

if you just recreate the array it will not format the drives. you need to format the array before the install. you can do this from within win2k3 setup and it will copy over the win2k8 boot manager.
September 19th, 2007 7:45am

See this thread as well: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2130413&SiteID=17
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2007 8:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics