How to restrict editing my tickets

Dear Gentlemen

One of my clients wants to restrict the tickets assigned to him to be non-editable by anybody except himself.

Any ideas ?

Best Regards

December 29th, 2013 5:10pm

this is not the best solution and will remove the tickets from other users views.

You could extend the Incident Class add a field that would be similar to assigned. Once the ticket is assigned to this user build a runbook that monitors for tickets assigned to the user and then update your new property with a value to indicate that the ticket is assigned to the user. 

then build two Queues one that includes these incidents and one that does not include these incidents. Create two security roles, one that has permission to see the queue and one that does not have permission to the queue.

hope that quick answer makes sense, and i know is not 100% what you were looking for. As far as I know there is not a way to do what your client is asking for.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 30th, 2013 6:49pm

As far as I know there is no option to "write protect" fields of a class. So it's not possible to make an incident "write protected if assigned". Only option as described by Rob is to filter assigned incidents.
December 31st, 2013 3:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics