How to restore Windows image (vhd ) 2008 that include domain and exchange 2007 to new hardware .
The main server is crashed (DC , Exchange 2007 and documents ) I want to restore the backup to new server . I was boot from windows 2008 and repair ----> windows complete pc restore on new server I can't see the ex-backup ( restore point ) from usb external HDD when i tried from old server i can see the restore point . can you help me thank you so much
May 12th, 2011 2:18am

Hi, I suspect that there are some issue with your backup files. Did you perform a full backup for the crashed computer? Performing a Full Server Recovery of a Domain Controller http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772519(WS.10).aspx Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 12th, 2011 4:09am

Yes I did , and I have windowsImageBackup for crashed server , but still I can't see the backup from new server . I tried to install new windows after that I copied catalog from ( External HDD --> windowsimageBackup --> catalog ) to ( c:\system volume information\windowsImageBackup\catalog ) I saw the Backup with wrong bath so still I can't restore the image ) .
May 14th, 2011 2:30am

Thank you vincent , But still i have the problem , please help me !!!!!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2011 6:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics