How to restore CSR to IIS so Certificate Response Can Be Processes
We used IIS to generate a CSR to renew a SSL certificate and sent the CSR to the CA. In the interval the CSR was being processed the IIS certificate renew status was reset to delete the original request. Both the original CSR and the response are available, but with IIS being reset to generate a new CSR the new CER file cannot be processed. What is the procedure to get the IIS status reset to waiting for the response to process? This is an oops on our part, actually mine. Help, Roy
February 10th, 2009 4:08am

Hi,Before we go further, please help to clarify some questions for research. First, I try to renew a IIS certificate by the steps below, please let me know if there is any difference between your steps.1. Open IIS Manager, click the website, find Server Certificates under IIS in the middle panel. 2. Double-click Server Certificates, select a certificate that will be renewed, click Renew in the right-panel. In the Renew an Existing Certificate window, select Renew an existing certificate, follow the wizard to complete the process. We can also select the second option to submit the certificate. After getting the new certificate file, open Renew an Existing Certificate window again, select the third option to import the certificate.If there is any steps difference, please let us know and try the above steps to renew the certificates. At the same time, please capture a screenshot of the "certificate renew status" and send to tfwst@microsoft.com. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2009 10:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics