How to reorder columns in report builder and remove the expand all (+) as default view

Good Morning,

In Report Builder how can i change the column order , for example if i have (column1,column2, column3.....column n), how can i have it as (column4, column2.....)

Also when i open the the report the first column has a (+) and need to click on the (+) to expand it, how can i avoid it and see the whole record withot having a need to click on the (+) sign?

Thanks

September 2nd, 2015 2:55pm

Hi AmyBI ,

To reorder columns within a tablix, if the tablix doesnt contain any group settings, you can highlight the column then use Cut/Copy/Paste option to reorder the column. Please refer to this similar thread: Can you reorder columns in Report designer (bids 2005). If there are groups in a tablix, it would be better to recreate the tablix based on your expected order. Or you can view XML structure for the RDL file in BIDS/SSDT, to rearrange <Textbox> tag. Please see: Is there an easy way to rearrange tablix columns in SSRS design mode?.

Since you mention you have to click the (+) to expand the report, it seems that you have added an expand/collapse action to an item. You can find the corresponding toggled item, then specify initial visibility as Show, disable toggle action like below:

Or

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 10:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics