How to reACL files and folders with new domain usernames and groups using SIDhistory

Is there a process, script, tool, etc to reACL folders and files with a users new migrated domain account using SIDhistory? For examply, UserA has a home folder with domainA's username and permissions. UserA was migrated with SIDhistory to domainB and can still access his/her home folder via SIDhistory but I need to replace or add the home folder permissions with UserA's new domainB username.

We cannot use ADMT to translate permissions as the server storing the data is not a Windows server but runs CIFS and handles basic NTFS permissions. I need another process like a script to parse each folder/file and update the permissions of those folders and files with the matching user/group in d

April 30th, 2013 7:31pm

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the post.

Based on my research, please check if this article could help you.

To translate security on member servers by using a script

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974389%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2013 8:49am

Hi Brian,

I would like to check if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

May 5th, 2013 10:14am

No, like I said, I can't use ADMT because our file server is CIFS running on NetApp. All CIFS contains is the ACL and SID. I've tried using subinacl with no luck. It runs fine using the changedomain option but nothing changes on the folders or files.
May 21st, 2013 10:49pm

Hello,

You can using SetACL.exe. It is free tool and created by Helge Klein a great German MVP guy.

Here is article:

HowTo: ReACLing a File Server in a Domain Migration with SetACL 3.0 (Helge Klein - MVP)

Here is other link:

Some Issues With Security Permissions

Regards

May 22nd, 2013 11:02am

His tool only works if the username did not change, in our case, the usernames changed during migration but the SID history remained intact.
October 9th, 2013 12:01pm

His tool only works if the username did not change, in our case, the usernames changed during migration but the SID history remain
October 10th, 2013 6:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics