How to pass multiple parameter on sharepoint list data with SSRS reporting

Hi ,

I have report and data fetching from sharepoint list with multiple [parameters.I had implement  report with multiple parameter pass as filter also as parameter under code.if i selected multiple parameter one by one record is coming right,but if any one of parameter pass blank results come zero.

example like  three fildes i have 1. Division 2. Department 3 . Section

Division :Group IT  Department: (i)IT (ii) PMO(iii) Infrastructure

(iv)Networking: (a)System networking (b) international networking

under Networking two part is there like above

I have three parameter,if i select Group IT as division and Department as PMO and Section Null

record should come only by PMO but i am unable to do.

March 24th, 2015 7:36am

Hi Hasan,

Per my understanding that are experiencing the issue about add several parameters in the report which using the sharepoint list as the datasource. You can't get the correct filter data when there is blank value in the parameter, right?

I have tested on my local environment and can't reproduce the issue, I have check the information you have provided that the Department and Section are cascading parameters. Department dependent on the Division  and Section dependent on the Department, if so, please make sure you have added the correct cascading parameters first,for the sharepoint list datasource you can add an filter in the dataset to do the cascading:
Add Cascading Parameters to a Report (Report Builder and SSRS)

Please make sure you have check the parameter setting like below to allow the blank values and null values

Preview like below which will works fine when you select the null values:

If i have some misunderstanding, please try to provide the snapshot about the issue you are facing and more details information about the setting of the parameter(Allow Multiple values or not).

Any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vic

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 11:54pm

Hi Vicky,

Nice to see your comment,Please check below

screen short

Same like Sub section have drop down as related with section

Cascading is running right manner,only record is fetching if i selected all three dropdown.

you can check above point 1 ,2 and 3 ...every data is coming by cascading way now in i enable null and blank vaule also required valu other wise report is not genrated.

My question is if i select Infrastructure Department means all data from related section need to come.

section related with subsection should be come,if select department and section then data should be come as per department then section related sub sections.

Report is running perfect on the selection of all parameter with value.Blank and null i am unable to pass by parameter because its cascading drop down parameter.

Please let me know if required more inform

March 25th, 2015 3:47am

Hi hasan,

Generally, when you select a value from "Department" and all the matched values in the "Section" will display in the dropdown and when you select a value from the "Section" dropdwon list, all the match vaue from the "SubSection" will display.

I have check the snapshot you have provided and it seems that you haven't specify the values for the "default values" for all the parameters, and when you select the first parameter and the defualt values will be display in the cascading parameter dropdown list, you don't need to select a value from the dropdown list again.

If I have some misunderstanding, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vic

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2015 9:28pm

Hi Vicky,

Yes i have set the cascading feature,now question is that if i need select only first one and record should come related chosen parameter,same if i select department and section.

March 30th, 2015 3:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics