How to open a tcp port on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64
Hi I would like to open tcp port 10709 on my Exchange 2007 hub servers. When I do a netstat -an , port 10709 is not listening and I am unable to connect via telnet. Thanks iiismael
June 8th, 2009 12:48pm

I forgot to mention that I have tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816792 with no joy.ismael
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2009 12:51pm

Hi, If I understand correctly, you are trying to change the listening port for the Exchange services. I suggest that you post to the Exchange forum, the support professionals there are better qualified to assist you. Exchange Server forum http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/exchangeserver Thanks.
June 9th, 2009 11:59am

Joson I posted this on the Exchange Server forum and Elvis Wei -MSFT asked me to post here. I use netstat -an to see which ports are listening and in use. How can I make port 10709 listening? Thanks Ismael ismael
June 9th, 2009 12:11pm

hi there, there is no mechanism to make the port working , please understand that applications communicate using port numbers, so every port either it is ephemeral / custom ports are associated with an application / application protocol. you need to check which application is associated with port 10709, if you have information about the application then check if that application is properly installed try uninstalling the application and re-installing it . sainath windows driver development.
June 9th, 2009 12:58pm

Hi, Could you please let me know why you want to make the port 10709 listen on the server? As Sainath said, only the ports on which an application is listening will show in the output of the command netstat an. For example, if IIS is not installed on the computer, the port 80 is not listening when you run the command netstat an. I suggested you post in Exchange forum because I thought you are trying to change the listening port for the Exchange services. Please let me know if there is anything I have misunderstood.
June 9th, 2009 1:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics