How to move the I386 folder to another drive on Server 2003
On a Windows Server 2003, I have a I386 folder on the C drive. I'd like to move that to the E drive to free up space on C. After I move the folder, what registry keys do I have to update so Windows will recognize the new location?
November 6th, 2009 8:46pm

Hello,The I386 folder should only contain installation files, so I don't think you need to modify the registry.Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 6th, 2009 9:04pm

Hi RJO22, The i386 folder contains the installation files for the Windows Server 2003 OS. If you move the I386 folder from C drive to E drive, you can edit the following registry key value so the OS knows where to find the Windows installation files when you add Windows Components.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup for example: If we move I386 folderto the "E:" drive,we can change the value of SourcePath from c:\ to e:\ SourcePath=E:\ Meanwhile, if you don't wish to modify the SourcePath key, you can also browse and specify the new installation folder locationwhen the dialog box popup during the installation process. Hope this can be helpful. Best Regards, David ShenThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 9th, 2009 6:38am

That worked, thanks!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 9th, 2009 5:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics