How to move?

Hello,

in http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6815 ,

This section writeen "

Test access to Internet resources from the Internet subnet

"

Move CLIENT1 from Corpnet subnet to the Internet subnet. Note that after network detection is complete, the warning symbol on the network icon in the system notification area no longer appears. Hover over the network icon in the system notification area and notice that it indicates Internet access.

Now how do Move CLIENT1 from Corpnet subnet to the Internet subnet ?

It means change IP and DNS ?

Please help me

January 6th, 2013 2:16am

Now how do Move CLIENT1 from Corpnet subnet to the Internet subnet ?

In a physical environment, you unplug the client from the internal network, and you plug it into the external network between the ISP's router and your internal router that is running NAT.

In a virtual environment, such as HyperV, you change the network adapter the client is using the "public" interface.

It means change IP and DNS ?

Absolutely. Yes. When the client is on the internet side, it is now using an internet public DNS and IP address, not the internal IP or internal DNS. THe reason is to test the client's ability to access resources that you've made available on the internet, such as a webserver, ftp server, mail server, etc, using a "public" IP and "public" DNS.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 6th, 2013 4:35am

Thank you for your reply,

So I want to set the IP  131.107.0.10 and DNS 131.107.0.1(INET1) or 131.107.0.2 (EDGE1) ?

January 6th, 2013 9:41am

Arash,

To move it, you simply unplug it from corpnet and plug it into internet subnet. It gets an IP automatically because INET1 has DHCP running on it.

I assume you've read through the COMPLETE document to understand all the settings and services that are supposed to be setup and running. I also assume you understand basic IP subnetting. I downloaded and devoted the past hour to read through the whole guide for you. I found the guide actually has all the information and answers to the questions you're asking.  The lab guide has a diagram that shows which subnet is the "Internet" and which subnet is the "Intranet."

I also took the time to modify the diagram in the guide to show you a better layout of what is supposed to be on each server, their IPs, etc.

I hope it helps.

January 6th, 2013 9:24pm

Excellent
Thank you
January 7th, 2013 6:32am

Hey guys, 

I am also starting with 70-410 and I set up the Lab Env. today. I am using Hyper-V on a Windows 8.1 Prof. in an IT Institute, doing the certificates on a self-study basis.

I actually have the same Problem. I set up everything as explained in the lab guide but I can't connect INET1 with CLIENT1.

Since I am using Hyper-V i assume I have to just change the virtual switch from "Internal" to "external" to move the client from the Corpnet to the Internet subnet right?

In my case I can see the CLIENT1 perfectly connected to the corpnet and therein he works as he should. But when I change the switch to external it wont have Internet and cant see the IIS web page nor can it ping it.

The "external" connection is my physical hosts network adapter and I also have internet on the host computer so I really don't get it.

Can anybody help me?

I am getting quite confused with the "internal". "external" settings for all the servers on the lab, can anybody point me to which server has to have which connection?
September 15th, 2015 1:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics