How to link Azure VMs to a Virtual Azure Network?

Hi,

I have created 4 Azure VMs, and when they start up they all got a random IP address, and hence cannot communicate with one another. So I created a new Virtual Network (like I do in the Hyper-V world), in hope that I can associate the new VMs to this new Virtual Network.

However, where do I now associate my 4 VMs with this new Virtual Network? I was hoping I would be able to see something in the 'Configure' tab of my Azure VM, but this is all I can see:

Thank you,

SK

• Edited by Shim Kwan 11 hours 20 minutes ago
March 23rd, 2015 3:56pm

Wow, I may not understand the background, but this is very short-sighted...

After you create your virtual network, you can add new VMs to it. Its important to create the virtual network first, then deploy the VM. After a VM has been deployed, you cant move it to the virtual network without redeploying it. If you use the Management Portal to create your VMs, the interface to deploy your VM to a virtual network is only available when you select New/ Compute/ Virtual Machine/ From Gallery. When you go through the wizard to create your VM, on the Virtual machine configuration page, youll see Region/Affinity Group/Virtual Network.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn631643.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 11:01pm

Unfortunately it`s correct.
March 24th, 2015 12:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics