How to install wondows server 2008
hi my name bintang and studying windows server 2008 64 bit I want install to my computer server but i have problem 1. When windows server 2008 cd inserted into DVD can't booting and my hardisk not detected 2. whether there is an update in my computer server 3. My computer specs are : - AMD Opteron dual core - 8 Gb memory - 250 gb hardisk. provide a way out to my problem thank"s very much
June 28th, 2010 7:08am

Hi, I would like to know the exact symptom of your description “When windows server 2008 cd inserted into DVD can't booting”. Have you tried to select “Boot from the CD/DVD”? If possible, please use another Windows Server 2008 CD/DVD to see whether you get the same issue. You can also burn the Windows Server 2008 ISO file(if you have) into a thumb drive on another computer like the following blog: Installing Windows 7 using usb thumb drive http://blogs.technet.com/aviraj/archive/2009/02/01/installing-windows-7-using-usb-thumb-drive.aspx By the way, as you mentioned that “my hardisk not detected”, I suspect that you were using a SATA disk. If so, please configure the SATA controller in BIOS to IDE mode or compatibility mode to see whether you can find the hard disk. Generally speaking, most of the SATA disk can be detected when you try to install Windows Server 2008, except some incompatible one. In addition, I add a guide with pictures for Windows Server 2008 installation. How to Install Windows Server 2008 Step by Step http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-install-windows-server-2008-step-by-step.htm Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2010 8:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics