How to increase the width of the textbox dynamically or automatically

Hi,

Do we have any option to increase/decrease textbox width dynamically? I know that we have option to increase or decrease height.

Br,

Shamsuddeen

August 30th, 2015 5:20am

Hi Shamsuddeen,

I'm sorry but to my knowledge there isn't anything that can help you do this. Dynamic sizing of width is not supported and cannot be achieved at runtime.

Dynamic sizing is not possible horizontally and is very limited vertically. It's also not very well supported for the various output formats e.g. you'll often end up with hidden data inside a cell when exporting to excel. The Size doesn't even support expressions whereas most other properties do.

Refer: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sqlserver/en-US/31192b8f-3be2-4855-98a8-e5ce45160114/in-ssrs-how-to-change-the-textbox-width-dynamically

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28098447/in-ssrs-how-to-change-the-textbox-width-dynamically

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 6:01am

Hi Shamsuddeen,

SSRS does not allow to write expression in width column (Therefore you can't set it dynamically), we can try the other hacks like setting the font size,changing the font  or setting the font weight based on the value coming in the field.

Otherwise you have to live with CanGrow and CanShrink options, but it only allow textbox to grow vertically.

August 30th, 2015 6:06am

Hi ,

Reporting Service does not allow you to dynamically adjust the width of the textbox, only option you can control is "CanGrow" and "CanShrink" only affect the vertical size.

In order to fix the data in the same cell, you can dynamically adjust the "Font Size" based on the expression passed.(Reduced the Font size if more number of digits present).

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Shamsuddeen 19 hours 4 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 6:09am

Thanks a lot all for your reply and workaround.

Br,

Shamsuddeen

August 30th, 2015 8:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics