How to handle two category groups :

Hello All,

I have a Area chart which have two category groups: Category Group 1- Calculated date Category group 2 - Normal date  Series Group - Projects I want the series groups amount on the basis of calculated date in area chart using the series grouping. And a line chart to be added which will show the actual amount for that Particular month ignoring the series grouping. Is there any way to do this as it seems when I use two category groups the series values are not being calculated properly. Best Regards, Pragati

July 29th, 2015 9:44am

Hi Pragati

Please send me an sample to better understanding?

Thanks

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2015 2:34pm

Hi Pragati,

Based on my understanding, you are creating an area chart with two category groups and one series group. And you want to add a line chart in this chart area, but the line will display values ignore the series group, right?

In Reporting Services, an area chart displays a series as a set of points connected by a line, with all the area filled in below the line. When we add two category groups in a chart, the horizon axis labels will display as two lines, chart data will display based on those two category group values. In your scenario, since the chart contains two category groups, and you want to display values on the basis of Category Group 1, you can add the category group 2 as the first group, and Category group1 under the group1 in category group pane.

When you add a line chart in the area chart, the category group and series group will also apply to line chart. So its not supported to ignore series group as it has been already existed.

If I misunderstand your requirement, please share sample data and screenshots about expected results.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

July 29th, 2015 11:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics