How to get the spatial results, and how to export it to a Mapinfo Table?

Hi all,

I made a view in SQL Server, and got about 6000 items in the result. Now I am trying to get the spatial results and then I want to export it to a Mapinfo Table. Will you pls tell me what I should do?

Thanks a lot

• Edited by Lydia Cheng Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:29 PM
  • Moved by Alex Feng (SQL)Moderator Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:15 PM move to an appropriate forum (From:SQL Server Tools General)
December 22nd, 2011 5:36pm

Do you have spacial data for these records?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 24th, 2011 11:04am

Hi Lydia,

Could you please provide the sechema of the view & table Mapinfo and some sample data?

December 27th, 2011 2:46am

SQL Server has no inbuilt ability to export spatial data in any format other than WKT, WKB, or GML, so you'll need to use a third party tool.

Safe FME (commercial) and OGR2OGR (open source) can both export from SQL Server to MapInfo f

December 27th, 2011 2:18pm

Do you have spacial data for thes
December 28th, 2011 5:03pm

SQL Server has no inbuilt ability to export spatial data in any format other than WKT, WKB, or GML, so you'll need to use a third party tool.

Safe FME (commercial) and OGR2OGR (open source) can both export from SQL Server to MapInfo f

December 28th, 2011 5:03pm

Hi Lydia,

Could you please provide the sechema of the view & table Mapinfo and some sample

December 28th, 2011 6:56pm

Hey Lydia 

Were you able to export the spatial result ???

March 25th, 2015 7:52pm

Unless MapInfo itself has the ability to import WKT (well-known text), WKB (well-known binary), or GML (Geographic Markup Language columns, there is no native ability in SQL Server itself to put out any other spatial formats. The products that Tanoshimi mentioned above can assist with that as well, but it's not built in to SQL Server.

Perhaps the person you saw doing it was using one of those products. It might by useful to check on the MapInfo forum to see if they have something in their product that can import one of the formats that SQL Server does support.

Cheers, Bob

March 26th, 2015 12:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics