How to get a domain name ?
I have a server where I have hosted my website.. But if I want people to connect to my website I need to give them my internet IP address. Instead is it possible to give my own domain name(without paying to get the domain name) to the website which is hosted in my own server. If so could you please detail the steps to do so ? Any help would be gr8. Thanks in advance..!!
December 19th, 2009 9:59am

There are several companies on the internet that will provide you with a free domain name. However, it will be a sub-domain of one of their domains.Check out these two (as I have used them in the past), although there are many more out there. You just need to search the internet. I have no affliation with those companies, nor do I endorse them either.dyndns.comno-ip.com Visit my blog: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 21st, 2009 3:44am

Hi ,Jorge's suggestion is fast and it will help you to setup your domain quickly.I have a question if you are looking to setup your own domain ? and then host your website using IIS ?
December 21st, 2009 5:08am

Hi ,Jorge's suggestion is fast and it will help you to setup your domain quickly.I have a question if you are looking to setup your own domain ? and then host your website using IIS ? Yes I know they provide me the subdomain for free..!! I wanted to know how can I setup my own domain..!!
December 21st, 2009 8:12am

There are several companies on the internet that will provide you with a free domain name. However, it will be a sub-domain of one of their domains.Check out these two (as I have used them in the past), although there are many more out there. You just need to search the internet. I have no affliation with those companies, nor do I endorse them either.dyndns.comno-ip.com Thats helpful. But I wanted to know how to setup my own domain
December 21st, 2009 8:13am

I dont know of any free domain services on the internet, otherwise why would anyone pay for a domain name. There are registrars on the internet that charge as little as a few dollars ($5.00 - $10.00) per year for a domain name.
December 21st, 2009 6:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics