How to get a 2003 CA Web Server Template to 2008 R2 for Cisco ACS 4.2
First let me say, I'm not a Microsoft person and here's my scenario: Our previous 2003 CA (No longer available) offered a web server template that we were able to use from CSR generated by my Cisco ACS 4.2 server, which gave me a usable certificate. However, since that time the CA has been redone and moved to a 2008 R2 setup. The web server certificate for R2 DOES NOT work. Can someone tell me what the major differences are between the 2008 R2 template and the 2003 one are so I can have the server guys create a new template based on the 2003 values? Thank you, Raun
May 7th, 2012 1:35pm

It sounds like you have duplicated the existing Web Server certificate template (which will work with ACS) and created a 2008 certificate template (which uses KSP and will nto work with the Cisco ACS). You should have just continued to use the *same* certificate template that you used with Windows Server 2003 and all will work brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 7th, 2012 11:31pm

Brian, This CA was built completely separate from the 2003 CA, and 2003 was DC'd, occurring outside of our department so there was no original web server template available so to speak. Can you give me the details on the original template so we can create a '2003' template in this CA, or is there somewhere to simply download a template and import it? Thank you
May 9th, 2012 12:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics