How to get WEB APPS VMs information

Hi,

1. Through Service management API, we get hosted services and related VMs. However, for VMs related to "WEB APPS", those are not exposed. How can we get such VMs and their performance metrics?

2. Are VMs related to "WEB APPS", managed by Microsoft i.e. no administration possible for those VMs?

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kale

August 26th, 2015 3:00am

Web Apps are completely managed by Microsoft so I don't think there is a way to do administration for a VM yourself.

This is probably the same reason why the metrics aren't exposed in the Service management API.

I would suggest that if you really need that information and do administration yourself, you're probably better of using a Cloud Services instead of a Web App.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 3:33am

Web Apps are completely managed by Microsoft so I don't think there is a way to do administration for a VM yourself.

This is probably the same reason why the metrics aren't exposed in the Service management API.

I would suggest that if you really need that information and do administration yourself, you're probably better of using a Cloud Services instead of a Web App.

August 26th, 2015 7:32am

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics