How to generate computer certificate on workgroup machines using cmd or powershell

Hi Team,

Need your help ........ 

I want to generate computer certificate on workgroup machines using and cmd or Powershell cmdlets. 

I have one internal Windows ROOT CA. 

Can you suggest any cmdlets which works on Workgroup machines. (NON Domain Joined Machines ) 

Thanks 

September 1st, 2015 11:02am

Only domain machines require a certificate. Join the  domain to obtain a certificate.

Post security questions in the security forum for more information.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 2:10pm

Hi JRV,

There is a requirement for SCCM 2012 R2 Client agent deployment for which i require certificate installed on these NON domain joined machines. 

Please suggest ...... 

Thanks 

September 2nd, 2015 2:09am

To learn how to manage SCCM client machines post in SCCM forum.  They will help you to understand how to configure SSCCM and deploy agents.
September 2nd, 2015 2:25am

Start here and post follow up questions in the SCCM forum: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Bb694041.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

September 2nd, 2015 2:28am

Hi JRV

SCCM forum has provided me the manual steps for generating the certificate (using Certreq cmd) on domain machines and then copy those certificate on work group machines. 

But i found that workgroup machines are unable to find the template when i am using certreq cmds. 

Can we generate cretificates request from workgroup machines?

September 2nd, 2015 3:54am

You have to ask that in the SCCM forum.  If you have CA Server set up then use that.

PowerShell has no built in utilities for acquiring a cert.  You can use certreq tool.

If you have SCCM 2012R2 then this is available: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/JJ821831%28v=SC.20%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

September 2nd, 2015 4:00am

Thanks JRV 
September 2nd, 2015 6:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics