How to fix Corrupted Event Viewer...
Good day guys, I have done a research regarding Event Viewer regarding on how to fix the Corrupted SysEvent.evt, I have access it before but when the other day when I check it the Event Viewer under System it cannot load and it has an error message "Corrupt" which is no longer be loaded, for now I have created a new one but I would like to retained the old SysEvent.evt. The said corrupted SysEvent.evt file I have backed it up for future reference. Is there any related links, steps, recommendations, suggestions to recover or fix the SysEvent.evt file it will be a great help. Thanks in Advance and Regards, Cheers,
February 1st, 2010 5:12am

Hi,Thanks for the post.As the SysEvent.evt file is corrupt, we cannot guarentee that the relevant data can be recovered; however, we could use the following methods to try on it.Please check if you can use Psloglist tool to show the entries in the Corrupted SysEvent.evt.The following syntax will show the entries in the Eventlog file:psloglist -l event_log_file Note: -l Dump records from the specified event log file. For more information about Psloglist, please refer to the following link:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897544.aspxIf it cannot work, you may try the following tool for test:http://murphey.org/fixevt.htmlPlease Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.Hope this helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2010 10:41am

Good day Miles, But the said corrupted SysEvent.evt is working fine when I copy from the server on the location c:\windows\system32\SysEvent.evt and load it to Windows XP Pro, I load it thru "saved event log file", then I think this is okey because it read and load with Windows XP Pro, but when I copy again to the server same message I got "corrupt". I did backup the previous SysEvent.evt for future reference, but to work I have just create a new SysEvent.evt one in-order to get all the activity of server. Okey I have just see the link of third party to fix the SysEvent.evt corrupt and I will try it and I will give you feedback if the .evt was fix... Thanks again and Regards, Cheers...
February 1st, 2010 2:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics